Sometimes the people visiting our website have questions we’ve compiled the most popular questions and have tried to answer them below, click on question to jump to the answer.
- We have some questions and would like to talk to you about them, what’s the best way to contact you?
- We aren’t interested in hearing any of your questions, we aren’t interested in doing an interview, we don’t want to appear on your YouTube Channel, we don’t want to appear in your documentary film, and we really don’t want to be on your Podcast. We already know you’re going to promise to disguise our identity and modify our voice, and you will promise to never reveal our true identity. This how they convinced Ricky Vaughn to appear in a documentary film and two years later it was exactly how he was doxed. We aren’t interested in repeating that mistake.
- You say this is an image and document sharing website, what does that mean?
- When you use social media sometimes you need a way to share a document, pdf, image or movie, and it’s not always feasable to upload it everytime you want to do it. What does make sense is uploading it once, and giving it a permanent URL that can be used to share it over again and again in the future. This website solves that problem.
- You mention permanent URLs what does that mean?
- One of the main goals of this website is to put something up and for it to stay there, for decades, until we’re all dead. We aren’t easily intimidated by threats or legal notices from lawyers. In fact we will publish every interaction and contact from your lawyer in it’s entirety. We will publish all electronic communication, audio communication, and every piece of written correspondence. All of this published correspondence should start ranking on Google for the name of legal firm involved. That’s probably going to make any searches for their name pretty ugly. Your lawyer may win, but it’s not going to be easy or pretty. It’s a high risk strategy you should consider carefully before following this path.
- We are trying to sue you, where do our lawyers send the legal paperwork?
- You think you have a legal case against us and want to know where to send the paperwork…
OK, you really don’t have a legal case; we’ve been publishing on the web for over twenty years, we know exactly what we can and can’t get away with. If you are going to try to use Lawfare to intimidate us or force us to take down or change content you’re wrong. If you go this route, we will pubicly publish every single piece or correspondence you send us. Whatever content you identify as problematic and want removed will inspire us to write at least three more pages about that topic. You have been warned.
If you think you have a Copyright Infringement, Harassment Case or Hate Speech violation you think gives you legal matter you can press in a Court of Law, you’re wrong again, see our Disclaimer Page for more information.
Perhaps you think you can use the threat of a lawsuit to pierce the veil of domain anonymity and gain access to our real address, and use this to dox us and exert pressure on us in the real world or on a family member. I guarantee you we’re two steps ahead of you here, and this isn’t going to go down the way you think it will. If your lawyers are any good, they will know how to file a subpoena complaint with a domain registrar. If your lawyer is able to convince the domain registrar, the complaint is legitimate, you’ll get a drop mailbox address which is only used for adversarial online web activities. Oh and this address won’t be a real address it will be a mail forwarding service. Also there is more than one mail forwarding service being used. Like we said this isn’t going to help you dox anyone, but feel free to try.
- What happens if you are forced to take something down?
- This is an extremely unlikely situation, but for arguments sake let’s say we are legally compelled to remove content, that doesn’t mean the content is gone forever. We have an automated cron-job that sends all new content to the Internet Archive 7 days after it was published, where it is permanently archived. If we are legally compelled to remove content we’ll publish a notice stating that. Here’s an easy way to see everything we have in the Imageholder.org Archives .
- What happens if someone hacks into your website and deletes all the content?
- We consider this website to contain adversarial content, and have taken extra steps to harden the security and make it very difficult for any unauthorized persons to gain access. That said we’re realists and understand nothing is 100% hack proof so we are prepared for a catastrophic failure and a complete loss of all data. We have an extremely robust Backup and Disaster Recovery Plan in place and automated and already running. The only human intervention needed is periodically moving the backups to offsite locations. The chance a hacker or other entity can take offline for more than a few hours is just slightly above zero. So good luck with that.
- You don’t have any advertising and don’t accept any donations, who is paying to keep this website running?
- We’ve been building websites for a very long time, and know how to get the job done quickly and cheaply. This website costs less than $50 a year to keep running, so it’s really not big expense to cover. See our Disclaimer for more information.
- Is this a serious website or a parody website?
- The vast majority of the content on this website is factual information and meant to be taken seriously. That said ‘all work and no play makes jack a dull boy’, so there is some humor and parody content. We will make every effort to label the humor, parody, and meme content as such to avoid confusion.
- Do you know how much of a jackass you are?
- Yes we are completely aware of this, and don’t really care what you think about anything.